Welcome to the Hampton Roads Soccer Complex
Please call the HRSC HOTLINE at (757) 518-5176 for the most up-to-date information regarding game activities.
Inclement Weather Policy
With the threat of lightning throughout the summer, please be aware of our policy:
- If lightning is detected, than all players, referees and spectators are to leave the fields and sit in their cars or a building.
- Notice will be issued either by one long horn blast or referee or HRSC staff announcements.
- There will be a minimum of a 20 minute delay from the last detected lightning occurrence before players will be allowed to take the field again.
- The “all clear” will be announced by two short blasts.
- Three long fog horn blasts – then the Complex is closed due to continual threatening weather conditions or unplayable fields.
Click here to map your driving directions form Richmond, VA.
Click here to map your driving directions form Virginia Beach, VA.
Click here to map your driving directions form Raleigh, NC.
From I-64 - Indian River Road
Proceed east on Indian River Road bearing left onto Ferrell Pkwy. After road merges with Princess Anne Road, turn right at 4th light onto Concert Drive, then right again onto Recreation Drive.
From I-264 Expressway
Take Exit 17A (S. Independence) and continue on South Independence as it bears right. Follow for 3 miles and turn left on Princess Anne Rd., right at Concert Dr. and right again on Recreation Dr.
From the Virginia Beach
Take Pacific Ave. South - it turns into General Booth Blvd. Turn right onto Dam Neck Rd., follow for 5 miles. At Princess Anne Rd. light, turn right. At next light, turn left onto Concert Dr., then right on Recreation Dr.
& Additional Parking
From Princess Anne Rd., turn west onto Dam Neck Rd. (toward
Amphitheater), and follow around curve to New Castle Elementary, and park in school lot. Back entrance is behind the school.
Rules & Regulations
- NO LITTERING - each team is responsible for policing their sidelines for trash and depositing in receptacles.
- Goals are to be anchored at all times – no moving or climbing on goals.
- NO SMOKING, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES or DRUGS.
- No unauthorized field usage – all field use must be approved in advance.
- No DOGS or other pets are allowed.
- No solicitations, flyers or selling is permitted on the Complex grounds or parking lots without written approval of HRSC regardless of club affiliation.
- All visitors must park in designated parking lots only.
- No motorized vehicles allowed on Complex pathways or fields except for emergency, maintenance or event operations. This includes scooters, motor bikes or unauthorized golf carts.
- No unauthorized banners, dasher boards or promotional materials may be displayed on the grounds except for team banners during their matches.
- No open fires, grilling or other cooking allowed on Complex grounds except by authorized concessionaires.
- HRSC staff and officials have the right to require the removal of any individual (player, coach or spectator) from the Complex grounds that violates any of the posted regulations or who poses a threat to others due to violent or unruly behavior.
- HRSC Operations Committee or authorized designate has the right to cancel any event or match, in whole or part, if in their opinion field or weather conditions exist that are dangerous to the players or are detrimental to the viability and maintenance of the turf.
SAND SOCCER $Dollars$ at work…
“State of the Art” turf fields
Fields 6 & 8 are now two Sportexe synthetic turf fields with Musco “low impact” game lights. The fields allow play in inclement weather for those “must play” games; allows the winter men’s league to continue in January and February; and gives the affiliate clubs the opportunity for training under the lights throughout the year.
SENTARA Sports Medicine provides trainers for the Soccer Complex…
The Hampton Roads Soccer Council and Sentara Sports Medicine are continuing their work together for the benefit and safety of our participants and visitors. Sentara is providing a certified athletic trainer on-site during all league matches at the Soccer Complex, who will be circulating around the Complex in the green golf cart.
Any individual needing assistance can call the on-site cell phone (757) 567-5483 , or notify the concession stand or HRSC Groundskeeper.
Along with on-site trainers, the opening of the new Sentara Princess Anne medical campus just ¼ mile from the Complex, with a full service Emergency Room, ensures prompt attention to the health and well being of our youth and adult participants.
In The News
Sand Soccer 2013 – 20th Anniversary Event!
Mark your calendars for June 7, 8 & 9, 2013 for the amazing 20th ANNIVERSARY North American Sand Soccer Championships. Our newly formatted website is now open at www.sandsoccer.com, so check it out. Along with introducing a new website, we now accept credit card payments for team applications, vendor and sponsorship fees.
Andrew Schliske Memorial Fund
The unexpected death of avid soccer player, Andrew Schliske, on June 14, 2012, has created an outpouring of donations in his memory. Andrew loved soccer and grew up playing at the Hampton Roads Soccer Complex. He cherished the camaraderie he developed over the years with so many other players, and his family hopes to create a lasting memory at the Complex in his honor. Two fundraisers have taken place at Tropical Smoothie and Shorebreak Restaurant, coordinated by friend Katie Nicholson. A big THANK YOU to the Schliske Family, Katie Nicholson and the following individuals who have all contributed to this effort:
Ann & Jerry Harris, Mike & Nancy Christian, Pete & Lynn Schultz, Ross Kremers, North Beach Hair, Inc, Mr & Mrs. Wayne Shank, David & Linda Moyer, Jacque Howard, Debbie James, Julie Geagler, Donald & Eileen Waldy, Francis & Norwood Bailey, Stihl, Inc, David Leadbetter, Duwane Bowden, Jerrold Miller, Keith & Kathy Adkins, Grandm Feagler, Ronald & Pamela Hughes, Paul & Tracey Lanteigne, L.M. Mungin, Brian Davis.
If you would like to help the family grow the fund, please send your donation to HRSC, Attn: Andrew Schliske Fund, 2276 Recreation Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23456. Please make sure you indicate the donation is for the Schliske Fund on your check memo.
Annual Charity Bowl event
Another great way to support the Complex is through the Charity Bowl soccer games. On Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend over 100 adult soccer players participate in a “fun”draiser for the Soccer Complex, Children’s Hospital of Kings Daughters and Joy Fund. The ultimate “pick up game” is only $35.00 per player – come out to renew old friendships and help the community at the same time. Click www.charitybowlsoccer.com